The bus plays a key role when it comes to sustainable mobility in urban and rural areas. Flexibility, capacity and digital concepts make this one of the most attractive modes of transport.
The world was turned upside down in the first half of 2020. During these times of reduced mobility offers, many people became more aware of the importance of a comprehensive, flexible and sustainable transit system. The return to normal brings a wealth of new possibilities and opportunities.
As a holistic business platform, BUS2BUS will actively support the new start of the bus and supplier industry and bring all market participants together again. In 2022 the attractive ensemble of halls on the northern section of the Berlin Exhibition Grounds will be the venue for BUS2BUS.
BUS2BUS is shifting into high gear
Exhibitors and visitors can look forward to the integration of new virtual and on-site event modules in 2022. Digital elements, including virtual product presentations, matchmaking, live streaming, meeting lounges and much more, are planned.
Germany‘s only Trade Show for the bus industry will be even more inspiring in 2022. All future issues relating to macro and micromobility will be addressed: from the increasing digitalization and interlinking of public transport, to completely new alternatives in long-distance travel.
The Future Forum and bdo Congress merge on the central stages in the Palais am Funkturm and at the heart of the Trade Show. And the best thing of all is that with just one ticket you can access both the Trade Show and professional program!
In this context, the following questions arise:
- What contribution can buses – of all sizes – make to meet modern demand?
- What level of customization can manufacturers and suppliers offer?
- Design and public transport are mutually exclusive. What new design options/spaces arise with new drive systems?
- What demands do city dwellers have on public transport buses? What are the needs in rural areas?
- What can bus tour operators offer to reach new target groups? What makes modern travel special?
- Visions of the future: What will express buses (interior and exterior) look like in long-distance transport services when express routes are extended on motorways?
- What tangible added value can technologies and digital applications offer?
The following key factors will be discussed in concrete terms at the Future Forum and presented at the Trade Show:
- Design & Aesthetics
- Material types and options, technologies
- Future equipment options
- Smart travel
- Innovative food concepts for travel coaches/long-distance buses
- Digital booking platforms, travel apps – customizable digital travel guides
- Smart safety and assistance systems
Together with the Palais am Funkturm Halls 18, 19 and 20, measuring almost 15 meters in height and bathed in natural light, will be the illustrious venue for the future platform of the bus industry.
On the patio in front of the Palais am Funkturm trade visitors and exhibitors can cast their gaze around the picturesque Summer Garden, which houses the Future Test Track.
Future Test Track
Brand new at BUS2BUS 2022 is the Future Test Track offering visitors a hands-on experience of smart, digital mobility.
As an extension of the Future Forum, this is where bus industry innovations are presented live and up-close in the Messe Berlin Summer Garden area. The wide variety of topics planned range from autonomous driving and alternative drive systems, to charging infrastructure, digital services along the customer journey in public transit and bus tourism.
The new section is curated by the BUS2BUS team in cooperation with research institutes, universities, exhibitors and other partners. Innovative mobility sector projects based on a holistic approach are ideal right for this area as well as for the BUS2BUS indoor Trade Show section.
Are you interested? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
BUS2BUS connects exhibitors and trade visitors with technology startups and related communities.
Exhibitors from the following sectors:
- Bus manufacturing
- Bus coachwork
- Components and accessories
- Equipment and interiors
- Safety technologies
- IT and media
- Display technologies
Meet visitors from the following sectors:
- Public transport
- Long-distance transport
- Mobility providers
- Tour operators
- Charter companies
- Fleet managers
- Designers and urban planners
- Service providers, Policymakers & Media