Future Forum Program
IRU Round Table II: VISION 2030 for Buses and Coaches Innovation and New Business Models in Intercity Scheduled Coach Transport
April 26, 2017
11:00 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
Future Forum Hall 21
The recent opening of the intercity coach market for scheduled services in several core EU Member States unleashed a wave of innovations at all levels – companies, services, business models, image of the sector. Customers also followed suit, and the use of scheduled intercity coach services more than doubled in the first years after the market opening in Germany and France. Integrators and digital platforms also entered this – until very recently traditional – business, making today’s coach market resembling much more the airline travel market, rather than the railway one.
- What role for intercity coaches in the current and future mobility chains?
- Which business models will win customers’ votes?
- Is there a place for small and medium-sized companies?
“A Vision 2030 for Buses and Coaches in the increasingly digitalised, accessible and connected mobility chain”, presentation of preliminary study results, Dr. Sven Maerivoet, Researcher, Transport and Mobility Leuven
- Max Zeumer, VP International Business, FlixBus
- Sylvain Gaboriaud, Commercial Director, Ouibus
- Marc Hofmann, CEO, Checkmybus
Chaired by Oleg Kamberski, Head-Passenger Transport & Taxis, General Delegate, IRU Permanent Delegation to the EU
Language: English with simultaneous translation in German