Future Forum Program
IRU Round Table I: Future Scenarios for Coach Tourism: Challenges and Opportunities
April 25, 2017
3:15 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Future Forum Hall 21
As the result of change and innovation, the tourism, and in particular group tourism by coach landscape, is constantly evolving. IRU, together with members and partners, is currently looking into the role and place of coaches in the increasingly digitalised, inclusive, and accessible future mobility chain. The purpose of the session would be to present the results of the IRU study on the matter and explore the opportunities and challenges that exist in making the most of this potential together with leading stakeholders.
- What are the main trends affecting the future of group tourism by coach?
- What coaches do we want to see in 2030 and 2050?
- Is there a place for small and medium-sized companies?
Future scenarios for coach tourism: challenges and opportunities, Dr. Sven Maerivoet, Transport & Mobility Leuven
- Dr. Fabio Figus, CEO, Linea Azzurra Srl
- Dr. Matthias Mohaupt, Head of Department for Transport Development Planning, City of Dresden
- Nick Greenfield, Head of Tour Operator Relations, ETOA
- Dominik Eggert, Director Charter, FlixBus
Chaired by Matthias Maedge, General Delegate, IRU Permanent Delegation to the EU
Language: English with simultaneous translation in German
Dominik Eggert, Director Charter, Flixbus
Dr. Fabio Figus, CEO, Linea Azzurra Srl
Nick Greenfield , Head of Tour Operator Relations, ETOA
Matthias Maedge, General Delegate, IRU Permanent Delegation to the EU
Dr. Sven Maerivoet, Researcher, Transport & Mobility Leuven
Dr. Matthias Mohaupt , Head of Department for Transport Development Planning, City of Dresden