Future Forum Program
Workshop III: Electric Busses: Gaining Advantages with Intelligent Charging Solutions
April 25, 2017
4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Future Forum Hall 21
Theme: Sustainable Mobility
The electrification of a bus fleet triggers a change in the operation concept. As a first step, a certain type of bus is chosen based on the driving route requirements. Next, the respective charging infrastructure needs to be specified, while the planning process follows energy economic circumstances. In addition, a scalable solution should be considered, which allows for a stepwise fleet transformation. The workshop outlines an electric bus operation in a local public transport environment, using several practical examples.
Which requirements need to be fulfilled for the transformation to e-mobility in local public transportation?
What needs to be considered?
- Introduction electric bus
- Overview charging technologies
- Important steps in planning and in construction of charging infrastructure
- Smart operation
- Future-proof and scalable solutions
- Linking depot and electric bus as an energy system
- Excursion: succeeding in biddings with electric bus concepts
Language: German with simultaneous translation in English
Klaus Huber, CEO, eeMobility GmbH